Quantcast
Friday , December 15 2017
Breaking News
Home / International Customs / Shabu seized in 2016 from Hongfei also entered Customs
Shabu seized in 2016 from Hongfei also entered Customs

Shabu seized in 2016 from Hongfei also entered Customs

WASHINGTON: More than 800 kilograms of shabu seized by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in December 2016 were also shipped by Hongfei, the alleged importer of the P6.4-billion shipment being probed by the Senate and House of Representatives. This was disclosed by NBI-Task Force Against Illegal Drugs head Jonathan Galicia during the Senate blue ribbon committee probe Tuesday. Galicia said the shabu seized last year also passed through the Bureau of Customs (BOC). “According to our tactical interrogation, he said that it entered our Customs,” Galicia said. “The shipment came from Hongfei Philippines,” he added.

Galicia was referring to the 890 kilograms of shabu, with a street value of some P6 billion, seized in San Juan. Hongfei is owned by Chinese businessmen Richard Tan. Tan also owns the warehouse in Valenzuela where the P6.4-billion worth of shabu was seized by the BOC in May.