ISLAMABAD: Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC), which met here at the PM Office with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in chair approved various development projects including the power infrastructure, health and roads projects.
The ECNEC approved following development projects:-
1) Construction of new 132 KV Grid Station and transmission lines project by SEPCO (Sukkur Electric Power Company) at a total rationalized cost of Rs 12.699 billion.
2) Distribution of Power Project aimed at expanding distribution network of SEPCO to meet growing demands in districts of Sukkur, Jacobabad, Shikarpur, Larkana, Ghotki, Qamber, Kandhkot, Dadu, Naushero Feroze, Khairpur, Benazirabad and Jamshoro at a total rationalized cost of Rs 3.825 billion.
3) Energy Loss Reduction Project to reduce technical losses resulting from the distribution conductors and equipment due to poor power factor in various districts of Sindh costing Rs 10.514 billion.
The project includes construction of new 11 KV lines, re-conducting of 11 KV lines, installation of 37 capacitors, replacement of overloaded transformers, construction of new transformers sub-stations, energy meters and replacement of earthing.
4) Expansion of scope and coverage of Prime Minister’s National Health Programme at a total rationalized cost of Rs 8.072 billion.
5) Construction of Chitral – Garam Chashma – Doraha Pass Road at a total rationalized cost of Rs 8.314 billion.
6) Dualization and improvement of old Bannu road measuring 83 km at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 17.230 billion.
7) Dualization and improvement of Pindi Gheb – Kohat road at a total rationalized cost of Rs 18.7 million.
8) Change in financing modalities of construction of Lahore-Sialkot Motorway at a total rationalized cost of Rs 45.382 billion.