TABLE OF CONTENTS
General Introduction Warehousing Surcharge. Scheme of this Publication.
(First Schedule to the Customs Act, 1969) Containing
|General Rules for interpretation of the Harmonized System.|
|LIVE ANIMALS; ANIMAL PRODUCTS|
|2.||Meat and edible meat offal.|
|3.||Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates.|
|4.||Dairy produce; birds’ eggs; natural honey; edible products of animal origin, not elsewhere|
|specified or included.|
|5.||Products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included.|
|6.||Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage.|
|7.||Edible vegetables and certain roots and tubers.|
|8.||Edible fruit and nuts; peel of citrus fruit or melons.|
|9.||Coffee, tea, mate and spices.|
|I!.||Products of the milling industry; malt; starches; inulin; wheat gluten.|
|12,||Oil seeds and oleaginous fruit; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruit: industrial or|
|medicinal plants, straw and fodder.|
|13||Lac; gums, resins and other vegetable saps and extracts.|
- Vegetable plaiting materials; vegetable products not elsewhere specified or included.
ANIMAL OR VEGETABLE FATS AND OILS AND THEIR CLEAVAGE PRODUCTS;
PREPARED EDIBLE FATS; ANIMAL OR VEGETABLE WAXES
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils and their cleavage products; prepared edible fats; animal or vegetable waxes.
PREPARED FOODSTUFFS; BEVERAGES, SPIRITS AND VINEGAR; TOBACCO AND MANUFACTURED TOBACCO SUBSTITUTES
|16.||Preparations of meat, offish or of crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates.|
|17.||Sugars and sugar confectionery.|
|18.||Cocoa and cocoa preparations.|
|19.||Preparations of cereals, flour, starch or milk; pastrycooks’ products.|
|20.||Preparations of vegetables, fruit, nuts or other parts of plants.|
|21.||Miscellaneous edible preparations.|
|22.||Beverages, spirits and vinegar.|
|23.||Residues and waste from the food industries; prepared animal fodder.|
|24.||Tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes.|
SECTION V MINERAL PRODUCTS
- Salt; sulphur, earths and stone; plastering materials, lime and cement.
- Ores, slag and ash.
- Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes.
PRODUCTS OF THE CHEMICAL OR ALLIED INDUSTRIES
- Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes.
29,. Organic chemicals.
- Pharmaceutical products.
- Tanning or dyeing extracts; tannins and their derivatives; dyes, pigments and other colouring matter, paints and varnishes; putty and other mastics; inks.
- Essential oils and resinoids; perfumery, cosmetic or toilet preparations.
- Soap, organic surface-active agents, washing preparations, lubricating preparations, artificial waxes, prepared waxes, polishing or scouring preparations, candles and similar articles, modelling pastes, “dental waxes” and dental preparations with a basis of plaster.
- Albuminoidai substances; modified starches; glues; enzymes.
- Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations.
- Photographic or cinematographic goods.
- Miscellaneous chemical products.
PLASTICS AND ARTICLES THEREOF; RUBBER AND ARTICLES
- Plastics and articles thereof.
- Rubber and articles thereof.
RAW HIDES AND SKINS, LEATHER, FURSKINS AND ARTICLES THEREOF; SADDLERY AND HARNESS; TRAVEL GOODS, HANDBAGS AND SIMILAR CONTAINERS; ARTICLES OF ANIMAL GUTS (OTHER THAN SILK WORM GUT)
- Raw hides and skins (other than furskins) and leather.
- Articles of leather; saddlery and harness; travel goods, handbags and similar container; articles of animal gut (other than silk-worm gut).
- Furskins and artificial fur; manufactures thereof.
WOOD AND ARTICLES OF WOOD; WOOD CHARCOAL; CORK AND ARTICLES OF CORK; MANUFACTURES OF STRAW, OF ESPARTO OR OF OTHER PLAITING MATERIALS: BASKETWARF. AND WICKERWORK
- Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal.
- Cork and articles of cork.
- Manufactures of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basketware and wickerwork.
PULP OF WOOD OR OF OTHER FIBROUS CELLULOSIC MATERIAL; RECOVERED (WASTE AND SCRAP) PAPER OR PAPERBOARD; PAPER AND
PAPERBOARD AND ARTICLES THEREOF
- Pulp of wood or of other fibrous cellulosic material; recovered (waste and scrap) paper or paperboard.
- Paper and paperboard; articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paperboard.
- Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry: manuscripts, typescripts and plans.
SECTION XI TEXTILES AND TEXTILE ARTICLES
- Wool, fine or coarse animal hair; horsehair yarn and woven fabrics.
- Other vegetable textile fibres; paper yarn and woven fabrics of paper yarn.
- Man-made filaments; strip and the like of man-made textile materials.
- Man-made staple fibres.
- Wadding, felt and non-wovens; special yarns; twine, cordage, ropes and cables and articles thereof.
- Carpets and other textile floor coverings.
- Special woven fabrics; tufted textile fabrics, lace; tapestries, trimmings; embroidery .
- Impregnated, coated, covered or laminated textile fabrics, textile articles of a kind suitable for industrial use.
- Knitted or crocheted fabrics.
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted.
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted.
- Other made up textile articles; sets; worn clothing and wom textile articles; rags.
FOOTWEAR, HEADGEAR, UMBRELLAS, SUN UMBRELLAS, WALKING-STICKS, SEAT-STICKS, WHIPS, RIDING-CROPS AND PARTS THEREOF; PREPARED FEATHERS AND ARTICLES MADE THEREWITH; ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS; ARTICLES OF HUMAN HAIR
- Footwear, gaiters and the like; parts of such articles.
- Headgear and parts thereof.
- Umbrellas, sun umbrellas, walking-sticks, seat-sticks, whips, riding-crops and parts thereof.
- Prepared feathers and down and articles made of feathers or of down, artificial flowers: articles of human hair.
ARTICLES OF STONE, PLASTER, CEMENT, ASBESTOS, MICA OR SIMILAR MATERIALS; CERAMIC PRODUCTS; GLASS AND GLASSWARE
- Articles of stone, plaster, cement, asbestos, mica or similar materials.
- Ceramic products.
- Glass and glassware.
NATURAL OR CULTURED PEARLS, PRECIOUS OR SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES, PRECIOUS METALS, METALS CLAD WITH PRECIOUS METAL AND ARTICLES THEREOF, IMITATION JEWELLERY; COIN
- Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metal clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin.
SECTION XV BASE METALS AND ARTICLES OF BASE METAL
- Iron and steel.
- Articles of iron or steel.
- Copper and articles thereof.
- Nickel and articles thereof.
- Aluminium and articles thereof.
- (Reserved for possible future use in the Harmonized System).
- Lead and articles thereof.
- Zinc and articles thereof.
- Tin and articles thereof.
- Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof.
- Tools, implements, cutlery, spoons and forks, of base metal; parts thereof of base metal.
- Miscellaneous articles of base metal.
MACHINERY AND MECHANICAL APPLIANCES; ELECTRIC AL EQUIPMENT;
PARTS THEREOF: SOUND RECORDERS AND REPRODUCERS, TELEVISION
IMAGE AND SOUND RECORDERS AND REPRODUCERS, AND PARTS AND ACCESSORIES OF SUCH ARTICLES
- Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
- Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles.
VEHICLES, AIRCRAFT, VESSELS AND ASSOCIATED TRANSPORT
- Railway or tramway locomotives, roMing-stock and parts thereof; railway or tramway track fixtures and fittings and parts thereof; mechanical (including electro-mechanical) traffic signaling equipment of all kinds.
- Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling-stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof.
- Ships, boats and floating structures.
OPTICAL, PHOTOGRAPHIC, CINEMATOGRAPHIC, MEASURING, CHECKING, PRECISION, MEDICAL OR SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS AND APPARATUS; CLOCKS AND WATCHES; MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS; PARTS AND ACCESSORIES THEREOF
- Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof
91„ Clocks and watches and parts thereof.
92. Musical instruments; parts and accessories of such articles.
ARMS AND AMMUNITION: PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
93 Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof.
SECTION XX MISCELLANEOUS MANUFACTURED ARTICLES
94 Furniture; bedding, mattresses, mattress supports, cushions and similar stuffed furnishings; lamps and lighting-fittings, not elsewhere specified or included; illuminated signs, illuminated name-plates and the like; prefabricated buildings.
- Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof.
- Miscellaneous manufactured articles.
WORKS OF ART, COLLECTORS’ PIECES AND ANTIQUES
- Works of art, collectors’ pieces and antiques.
- Services (Federal Excise rates) (Notprinted).
- Special classification provisions.
DUTY AND TAXES ON BAGGAGE.